Baghdad dreams
free form, by Plastic Jesus
Bush dreamt that he was reading Cosmo
"Can This Planet Be Saved?" asked the article
The man wanted something, the woman wanted something else.
So Bush asked God.
"Sorry, I don't have a dog in this hunt," said God.
"I gave you this planet 7,000 years ago. Ask Cheney. He runs the place."
So Bush asked Cheney.
"What you need," said Cheney, "is a barbecue
"Outside Baghdad. Franchise it.
"Accept either greenbacks or American Express
"Serve only the best ribs, the best steaks."
And it was so.
Security was minimal
Profits were slim
It was de-listed
Outside the barbecue, died the American empire
In the sands of Al-Hajarah.
Bush dreamt that he was reading Cosmo
"Can This Planet Be Saved?" asked the article
The man wanted something, the woman wanted something else.
So Bush asked God.
"Sorry, I don't have a dog in this hunt," said God.
"I gave you this planet 7,000 years ago. Ask Cheney. He runs the place."
So Bush asked Cheney.
"What you need," said Cheney, "is a barbecue
"Outside Baghdad. Franchise it.
"Accept either greenbacks or American Express
"Serve only the best ribs, the best steaks."
And it was so.
Security was minimal
Profits were slim
It was de-listed
Outside the barbecue, died the American empire
In the sands of Al-Hajarah.

1 Comments:
at the risk of repetition, i salute your writing--encore--and the writer, so good to see signs of scribe. Baghdad-Eden will rise from the sands and rescue dreamers and peacemakers from the hegemonic BBQ kings.
Post a Comment
<< Home