Saturday, November 13, 2004

Back To The Future With Ol' Blue Eyes: American Idiot

Yep, kids, it's me again, like a bad penny. Are you scared yet? No? Well, Frankie has been doing some reading lately. There are some good books out there on me. I liked the one that Tina did. Pretty good. I always told my kids, "Say whatever you want--just tell the truth." A lot of people out there would benefit from that advice. Oh, they get the facts right, like the songs I sang when I was with Dorsey, but they sugar-coat it. I never realized that once they plant you in the ground, they treat you like a goddam saint, like playing "It Was A Very Good Year" over and over on the radio. People forget that I was the original badass. I used to tell my friends, "If someone makes you mad, I'll knock them off for you." I was joking, and they'd laugh, but they never really, really knew if it was true. That's the essence of punk. All of your pseudo-punks out there dress up in makeup and wear wigs and couldn't play their way out of a piss-soaked bag. No talent. Punk isn't dress; it's not even image. It's attitude. You wear it; you share it. And you won't have to take shit off of anyone again.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


hit counter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home